Europe is certainly a must-visit destination for every traveler and if we state that one of the European countries will offer visa-free travel for 30 days, would you believe us? Well, you’ll be amazed to know that the Government of Belarus recently announced to extend the duration of visa-free travel up to 30 days which was previously only for 5 days.
On 24th July 2018, the autocratic President Alyaksandr Lukashenka signed the decree proclaiming permission to 80 countries including 39 countries in Europe. Additionally, the citizens of the United States, Japan, and Australia can also stay in the country for 30 days.
According to the decree, this action is initiated to boost Belarusian tourism and to enhance the country’s appeal as a host of sports events and festivals by improving its international relations.
Apart from the tourism aspect, the country is also interested in portraying itself as a medical tourism venue that will provide spa procedures at the sanatoriums.
Documents Required For 30-Day Visa Free Travel
- A valid passport
- A medical insurance of 10,000 Euro (INR 8,04,360) which can be purchased from the website
- A daily monetary allowance for each day of stay
Facts About The 30-Day Visa Free Travel To Belarus
- The visa-free travel rule is only applicable for travelers flying in and out of the Minsk airport.
- The visa exemption is not applicable for travelers boarding or de-boarding from Russia due to a lack of border controls.
- India is one of the 80 countries that can take advantage of this 30-day visa-free travel.
- The citizens of China will also be included under a separate visa agreement which is expected to be announced in August.
Great news indeed? Plan your dreamy Euro trip that has been on your mind forever now by booking one of the best Europe tour packages with Fred and Fuzzys, so that you can make the most of this brilliant move once it comes into effect.
Category: Belarus, Europe, Trending