Welcome to Hyderabad – the enchanting city known as the ‘City of Nizams’, boasting its exquisite biryani and vibrant cyber hubs. However, beneath its surface lies a treasure trove of eerie enigmas and bone-chilling secrets. Prepare to unleash your inner ghost hunter and embark on a thrilling exploration of Hyderabad’s haunted hotspots. Brace yourself for the hair-raising list of haunted places in Hyderabad that will leave you screaming for more.
10 Hair-Raising Haunted Places In Hyderabad
Discover some of the most spine-chilling haunted locations in Hyderabad and return home with fascinating tales to captivate your friends and family.
- Restless Spirits at Shamshabad Airport: Unearth the legends surrounding Shamshabad Airport, also known as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. This airport emerged from a tumultuous past, plagued by conflicts that led to numerous deaths. The restless spirits of these lost souls continue to haunt the premises, making it a truly terrifying destination.
- A Haunted Land – Banjara Hills: Step into the mystical realm of Banjara Hills, once an untamed forest sparsely populated. Reserved for the elite members of the Nizam’s dynasty, it served as their hunting ground. Embedded within this fascinating landscape lies an infamous graveyard on road number 12, infamous for its peculiar occurrences. Explore the mysteries of this haunted place in Hyderabad, where supernatural events have left residents astounded.
- Troubling Voices at Golkonda Fort: Listen closely as you explore the ancient walls of Golkonda Fort. Amidst its grandeur, disturbing whispers and calls echo through the corridors, enchanting visitors with their eerie presence. Brace yourself for a spine-tingling encounter at this mysterious haunted spot in Hyderabad.
- Ghostly Spirits at Ramoji Film City: Enter the haunting world of Ramoji Film City, where reality and fiction intertwine. As you traverse its haunted lanes, specters and phantoms lurk around every corner, delighting thrill-seekers with their supernatural appearances. Immerse yourself in the ghostly aura of this renowned film city.
- A Strange Story at Kundanbagh Witches’ Lair: Unravel the enigmatic tale surrounding Kundanbagh Witches’ Lair. This peculiar location holds secrets of witchcraft that have intrigued and perplexed visitors throughout the years. Venture into the unknown and witness the strange occurrences that make this lair a must-visit for those seeking a truly unusual experience.
- Wrath of Gods at Ravindra Nagar: Brace yourself for the wrath of gods that looms over Ravindra Nagar. As dusk settles, an unexplainable force emanates from this area, enveloping it in an oppressive and unnerving atmosphere. Enter at your own risk and witness the supernatural forces that transform this place into a chilling haunt.
- Most Abandoned Place – Khairatabad Science College: Discover the desolation that cloaks Khairatabad Science College, one of the most forsaken places in Hyderabad. Abandoned and forgotten, this eerie location attracts brave souls seeking to unravel the mysteries that lie hidden within its dilapidated walls.
- A Tragic Plot – Dedh Lakh Ghar: Dive into the tragic history of Dedh Lakh Ghar, a place haunted by the remnants of a sorrowful tale. As you traverse these haunting grounds, the echoes of past tragedies resonate, leaving an indelible mark on those who dare to tread upon this cursed soil.
- A Spooky Space – Uppal Stadium: Experience the supernatural ambiance that shrouds Uppal Stadium. Eerie apparitions and mysterious occurrences have turned this stadium into a ghostly playground. Venture into this spine-chilling space, where your courage will be put to the ultimate test.
- Serious Thrills at Graveyard On Road 12: Brace yourself for serious thrills at the notorious Graveyard On Road 12. As darkness descends, an air of foreboding engulfs this burial ground, sending shivers down your spine. Prepare to be enthralled as you uncover the spine-chilling mysteries that lay dormant within this haunted haven.
1. Shamshabad Airport – Restless Spirits
Background: Shamshabad Airport, officially known as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, emerged amidst a tempestuous past characterized by conflicts and unfortunate fatalities. The victims of this violence found their final resting place beneath the airport, their restless spirits haunting the premises. This makes Shamshabad Airport one of the renowned haunted locations in Hyderabad.
Spooky occurrence: Airport employees were startled when summoned to the inquiry room, where they encountered a man whose head unnaturally rotated 360 degrees. His unrelenting gaze and sinister laughter sent shivers down their spines.
Haunting Incident: A Qatar Airways pilot witnessed a ghostly apparition of a lady in a white saree, gracefully dancing on the runway. Despite extensive searches, the authorities found no trace of her presence. These chilling encounters have transformed parts of the airport into one of the most dreaded haunted places in Hyderabad.
Location: Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500409
Timings: Open 24 hours
2. Banjara Hills – A Haunted Land
Background: Banjara Hills, once an untouched forest with sparse inhabitants, allured only the prestigious members of the Nizam’s dynasty, who utilized it as their exclusive hunting grounds. Within this captivating landscape, lies a graveyard on road number 12, gaining infamy for its peculiar happenings. Banjara Hills has earned its reputation as one of the mysterious locations in Hyderabad.
Spooky Occurrence: As night befalls, the streetlights mysteriously flicker and extinguish, accompanied by an immediate drop in temperature. Some drivers have reported repeated tire punctures around this area, adding to the eerie ambiance. Those who have encountered these supernatural experiences dare not venture near this haunted place in Hyderabad.
Eerie Experience: “Around four years ago, my friends and I were driving along Road Number 12 in Banjara Hill. We had the windows open to enjoy the fresh air. I sat beside my friend who was driving, while a couple of guys were in the back. Neither I nor my friend was intoxicated. Suddenly, the air turned freezing cold, and within minutes, we were shivering uncontrollably. To beat the heat, we decided to stop and take a smoke break. However, just five minutes later, we heard a strange sound coming from the tires, and before we knew it, all four tires were flat. We were left stranded, calling for help, as every little noise sent chills down our spines!” – Marlon shared his encounter on a social media platform.
Location: Amrutha Estate, Bhola Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034.
Timings: Open 24 hours.
3. Golkonda Fort – Unsettling Whispers
Background: The Golkanda fort was built in the 13th century by the Kakatiyas, the ruling dynasty of Andhra Pradesh. Over the years, the fort has undergone various renovations by different ruling factions, and it is believed to house a treasure trove of diamonds. Adding a spooky twist to the tale is the presence of Taramati, the queen and lover of the king, who were buried together. It is said that the queen’s spirit still dances on her former stage. The Golkonda Fort, apart from being a popular tourist destination, is also renowned as one of the most haunted places in Hyderabad.
Strange Occurrence: Local legends claim that spirits inhabit the trees, manifesting as ghostly shadows. Another chilling aspect of this haunted spot in Hyderabad is the frequent cries of anguish heard by visitors.
Eerie Encounter: Those who have stayed at the fort after 6 pm mention that paintings hanging on the walls mysteriously turn upside down. During late-night shoots, many crew members have reported eerie voices and witnessed other paranormal activities, further solidifying the fort’s reputation as one of the most haunted places in Hyderabad.
Location: Ibrahim Bagh, Khair Complex, Hyderabad, Telangana 500008.
Timings: 8 am – 5 pm.
4. Ramoji Film City – Phantasmal Spirits
Background: Ramoji Film City, the second-largest integrated film city with a children’s amusement park, was founded by producer Ramoji Rao in 1996. It is believed that the spirits of soldiers who once occupied the land during the reign of the Nizams still linger, making it one of the eeriest places in Hyderabad.
Strange Occurrence: Visitors often come across scattered food remnants and mirrors covered in strange Urdu inscriptions at the film city. One particularly intriguing fact about this haunted location is that the ghosts seem to have a preference for girls. They reportedly tamper with girls’ clothing, knock incessantly on bathroom doors, and create scary apparitions in the changing rooms.
Eerie Event: Scant witnesses purport that during a film shoot, members of the production team responsible for positioning spotlights from elevated locations mysteriously plummeted, as though subjected to a brutal force. The prevailing consensus of these incidents strongly indicates the presence of spectral entities within the hotel rooms.
Whereabouts: #1-10-76, Fair Field, Mayuri Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500016
Operating Hours: 9 am – 5 pm
5. Kundanbagh Witches’ Hideout- An Uncanny Tale
Prelude: Kundanbagh, a swanky area in Hyderabad, is home to a house that has gained notoriety due to its inexplicable activities.
Bizarre Episode: Under the cloak of night, three women would stroll along the house’s balcony while clutching lit candles. They would hoard and transport rubbish in a vehicle, living in perpetual darkness void of electricity. Furthermore, one of the three even attempted to assault people with an axe.
Supernatural Incidents: When a thief ventured into this haunted abode in Hyderabad, he stumbled upon three lifeless female bodies decaying on a bed. He promptly alerted the authorities, leading to an investigation that revealed the corpses were at least six months old. The most perplexing part emerged when neighbors claimed to have repeatedly sighted these deceased individuals.
Whereabouts: Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana
Operating Hours: 9 am – 5 pm
6. Ravindra Nagar- The Anger of Deities
Prelude: Following the destruction of a temple in the Ravindra Nagar colony of Hyderabad, peculiar occurrences began afflicting its residents. The subsequent suicides committed by locals were attributed to the presence of a vengeful spirit, believed to be the wrath of the gods unleashed.
Unsettling Episode: Venturing into Ravindra Nagar in Sitaphalmandi, widely regarded as one of the most genuinely haunted locations in Hyderabad, is a nauseating experience, particularly after 6 pm. The streets grow deserted, and the walls and doors bear the eerie inscription of “Jai Shri Ram” in vivid red, provoking an inexplicable sense of unease.
Haunting Incidents: The denizens of Ravindra Nagar endured sleepless nights for a solid two months, besieged by the fear of a nocturnal ‘ghost’ that frequented the area. Thirteen individuals ultimately succumbed to their terrors by hanging themselves after rumors spread about the ‘ghost’ haunting the vicinity. While a significant portion of the population sought sanctuary in a nearby temple, nearly half a dozen families abandoned their homes.
Whereabouts: Habsiguda, Secunderabad, Telangana
Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
7. Khairatabad Science College- The Most Forgotten Place
Background: A science college in Hyderabad was constructed with the intention of advancing scientific knowledge and contributing to society, but a tragedy occurred, transforming this college into a forsaken location.
Chilling Encounters: Legend has it that the spirits of those whose bodies were once used for experiments in the college’s laboratory now haunt the premises.
Haunting Events: No one dares to enter the premises, and the guard assigned to prevent any trespassing was discovered dead under mysterious circumstances. Among all the deserted places in Hyderabad, this one stands out as a truly terrifying destination. It is undoubtedly one of the most frightful places in Hyderabad.
Location: Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Telangana 500004
Operating Hours: 9 am – 5 pm
8. Dedh Lakh Ghar- A Tragic Tale
Disclaimer: This image is for illustrative purposes only.
Background: This location is renowned as one of the most haunted places in Hyderabad, emanating an eerie atmosphere. It is said to have been constructed approximately 40 years ago at a cost of 1.50 lakhs, hence the name. Presently, it remains desolate and barren.
Spooky Occurrence: The tale is that every family that inhabited this house ended up committing suicide, and the surroundings are filled with anguish and despair. People are terrified to even pass by this house during daytime. Standing amid the ruins, this house exudes an unsettling aura.
Haunting Incidents: According to local stories, strange noises have been heard emanating from the house, along with sightings of a ghostly woman.
Location: Sithaphal Mandi area, Hyderabad
Operating Hours: 9 am – 5 pm
9. Uppal Stadium- A Haunting Space
(Note: Image for representation purposes only)
Background: It is undeniable that many individuals flock to this stadium to witness their beloved cricket matches, but there is something eerie about this place. Recognized as one of the most supernatural locations in Hyderabad, this stadium transforms into a haunting ground at night.
Peculiar Occurrence: People report experiencing an unsettling atmosphere at night, and security guards have witnessed supernatural incidents, further solidifying this place’s reputation as a haunted spot rather than just a stadium.
Ghostly Encounters: Ghostly apparitions and mysterious shadows have been observed in the corridors, accompanied by flickering stadium lights during the nighttime. The enigma behind these occurrences remains unsolved, but visiting this place after dark presents a genuine challenge to one’s fear.
Location: Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500039
Hours of Operation: 10 am – 5 pm
10. Road 12 Graveyard – An Intense Thrill
Background: Once a popular hunting ground for the Mughal rulers during ancient times, this site in Hyderabad is now considered one of the most haunted locations in the city.
Strange Phenomena: Countless stories and eerie incidents surround this place. Sudden drops in temperature and unexpected tire punctures that halt cars passing through the nearby forest add to the chilling atmosphere.
Haunting Experience: Trespassers continue to unearth terrifying tales about this place. If you crave a truly thrilling adventure, venture to the Road 12 Graveyard.
Location: Graveyard, near Road Number 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana
Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours
Listen closely, for these most haunted places in Hyderabad are beckoning you. It’s time to accept the challenge. Embark on a trip to Hyderabad (hyperlink to trip) without delay and become a lifelong storyteller. Yes, yes, plan your visit to this stunning destination and prepare yourself for unforgettable tales and adventures with your loved ones.
Disclaimer: Fred and Fuzzys does not claim ownership of the images featured on our blog site, unless otherwise stated. All visual content is protected by copyright and belongs to its respective owners. We strive to provide proper attribution by linking back to the original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images and wish for them to be removed from Fred and Fuzzys, please contact us, and we will promptly address your request. We believe in giving credit to the original authors, artists, or photographers.
Please Note: Any information published by Fred and Fuzzys in any form of content is not intended to replace medical advice. It is always recommended to consult a professional medical expert of your choice before taking any action.
Frequently Asked Questions About Haunted Places in Hyderabad
Is it safe to travel during COVID-19?
It is crucial to adhere to all government-mandated guidelines, such as maintaining social distance, wearing masks in public places, and practicing proper hand hygiene by washing or sanitizing hands upon entry and exit.
Which is the most haunted place in India?
Bhangarh Fort in Alwar, Brij Raj Bhavan in Kota, Kuldhara in Jaisalmer, Dumas Beach in Surat, Tunnel 33 on the Shimla-Kalka train route, and Charleville Mansion in Shimla are among the most haunted places in India, boasting genuine accounts of supernatural occurrences and ghostly apparitions.
Which haunted place in India is legally recognized?
The only legally recognized haunted place in India is Bhangarh Fort, also referred to as the “ghost town” of India.
Can children visit haunted places in India?
There are no specific restrictions on children visiting haunted places; however, it is advisable to take them at your own risk.
Do we need permission to visit haunted places in Hyderabad?
The need for prior permission depends on the specific haunted location you plan to visit. It is recommended to check the designated guidelines of haunted places in Hyderabad before embarking on an excursion.