Most Affordable Cities In Europe 2023
Below is a compilation of the most affordable cities in Europe, ranked according to the 2017 Europe Backpacker Index.
The roster of budget-friendly European cities listed above is based on the 2017 Europe Backpacker Index. Here’s what you need to know about it.
How the Backpacker Index Functions
The expenses for the 56 most popular cities in Europe were calculated. The prices for most necessities such as hostels, transportation, and attractions are fixed and predetermined. However, the cost of a budget-conscious lunch or a pint of beer may fluctuate. The prices encompass the following expenses:
- A night’s stay in the most economical bunk at a well-located hostel with positive reviews.
- Two daily rides on public transportation.
- One paid/famous attraction daily (calculated based on the average expense of a major attraction in each city for each day).
- Three affordable meals per day (with a minimum meal price of 20%).
- Three servings of inexpensive beers or glasses of wine per day as an amusement allowance. Non-drinkers may opt for dessert and coffee or attend a local music performance instead.
- To economize on alcohol and food while backpacking in Europe, consider visiting bars and pubs during their discounted hours.
- Utilize public transportation. Take trains whenever possible or opt for buses, although buses tend to have longer travel times.
- Avoid paying for a guide and instead explore free walking tours. Simply sign up online in advance and give a tip to the guide at the end. This way, you can save on tour fees.
- Avoid dining at touristy places as they tend to overcharge.
Further Read: 10 Most Popular Europe Trips To Plan Ultimate Escape
The prices are subject to change. So, take advantage of the affordable prices while you still can by planning a vacation in Europe now! It is an incredible destination with plenty to explore and see. There is not a single individual on the planet who wouldn’t have Europe on their travel list. It is an absolute paradise for art enthusiasts, beer lovers, and backpackers. You must embark on a journey to Europe at some point in your lifetime. It will genuinely be an unforgettable experience for you.
Category: Destinations, infographics, topical