The Philippines, a Southeast Asian nation in the Western Pacific, consists of over 7,000 islands. It is a fantastic destination for shopping, with its capital city, Manila, being the center of attention. Shopping in the Philippines offers a wide range of products, including intricate crafts, home furnishings, jewelry, embroidery, and baskets.
Top 6 Places For Shopping In the Philippines
These irresistible shopping destinations in the Philippines will compel you to buy extra suitcases to pack your purchases.
The Americanization of the Philippines is mostly evident in Manila’s mall culture. With the third-largest shopping complex in the world, shopping in Manila is one of the main activities in this coastal city. You can find a shopping mall on almost every block of the capital city. Curious about what is famous in Manila for shopping? Indulge in shopping for Philippine pearls, bamboo products, silk items, abaca baskets, barako coffee beans, and much more. The most upscale malls, such as Greenbelt 4 and 5 at Ayala Centre and Bonifacio High Street, offer popular high-end brands like Mango, Armani, and Bulgari. Manila is indeed a hub for shopping in the Philippines.
1. 168 Shopping Mall Situated in Chinatown, the 168 Shopping Mall is a renowned location for shopping in Manila, Philippines. This five-story complex offers a wide variety of affordable goods and accessories, including shoes, bags, and toys. There are also several food carts and restaurants in the vicinity.
Opening Hours: 10am – 7pm
2. Divisoria Market If you’re looking for textiles, Divisoria Market is the best choice. It caters to all your needs and offers wholesale prices, giving you the opportunity to bargain until the final bid.
Opening Hours: 5.30am – 7.30pm
3. Greenhills Shopping Center Greenhills is an upscale shopping center located in the suburbs. Established in the 1970s, the complex houses stalls selling video games, clothing, furniture, and more.
Opening Hours: Sun – Thu 10am – 8pm, Fri – Sat 10am – 9pm
Manila boasts many other shopping spots, including Silahis Arts & Artifacts, Shangri-La Plaza, SM City Manila, Sm Mall of Asia, SM Mega Mall, St Francis Square, Legazpi Sunday Market Robinsons Place Mall, and Tiendesitas. You will never run out of things to do if you decide to explore all the shopping options in Manila, Philippines.
Must Read: 10 Best Beaches In the Philippines For The Love Of Sun, Surf, And Sand
2. Cebu City
Cebu City offers the best shopping experience in its malls. Here, you will find malls that cater to high-end shopping while maintaining a less chaotic atmosphere.
1. Ayala Centre Cebu
The six-story complex, Ayala Centre, is an upscale mall with international street-fashion brands like Armani Exchange, Guess, Lacoste, Esprit. This is one of the major spots for clothing shopping in the Philippines. The mall has two supermarkets, a modern department store, cinemas, health spas, restaurants, and other stores.
Operating Hours: Sunday – Thursday 10am – 9pm, Friday – Saturday 10am – 10pm
2. Carbon Market
Carbon is a massive market, around 100 years old. It offers a variety of goods such as fresh meat, vegetables, ingredients, clothing, home decor, religious items, and so forth. You can sample the local dishes at the food stalls and restaurants in the market. Hire a horse carriage to explore the market.
3. Robinsons Galleria CebuWithin walking distance from the Port of Cebu is Robinsons Galleria. This is the largest Robinsons Mall outside Manila. The complex has six stories with 200 boutiques, stores, restaurants, and bars, Robinsons Department Store & Robinsons Appliances. The cinema at the complex has 6 rooms.
Operating Hours: 10am – 9pm
In addition to the aforementioned shopping areas, Cebu also has Sudgo Mercado, SM City Cebu, SM Seaside City Cebu, and Taboan Public Market.
Suggested Read: Philippines Islands: 23 Breathtaking Spots That Have Been Sculpted By The Gods Themselves!
3. Boracay Island
1. City MallEstablished in February 2017, City Mall is the first legitimate commercial center in Boracay. The mall provides a comfortable air-conditioned space to shop from its food stalls, fashion boutiques, pharmacy, and grocery store. There is also a game center for kids.
Operating Hours: 9am – 9pm
The main shopping and dining center in Boracay is D’Mall. This outdoor labyrinth market has many alleys with a large number of stalls, kiosks, and shops. There are water sports activities available around the mall. You will also find amusement for your kids.
Operating Hours: 9am – 10pm
3. D’Talipapa MarketThis seafood market is quite fascinating as you can purchase various types of fish, whether it’s shellfish or crustaceans. You can either cook it yourself or have it prepared at any nearby restaurants.
Operating Hours: 7am – 11pm
At Boracay Island, also check out the E Mall, Plazoleta, and vendors on the White Beach for a complete island shopping experience.
Suggested Read: 18 Exhilarating Things To Do In Philippines For Your Unconditional Love For Adventure
4. Angeles City
1. Shopping Centers
The city has approximately 6 different shopping centers including SM City Clark, Robinsons, Nepo Mall, Jenra Mall, and Marquee Mall.
Operating Hours: Vary from center to center.
If you are searching for a great deal on imported goods and are willing to pay in US currency, then head to any of the Tax-Free Stores in the Clark Freeport Zone. Here, you will find numerous large shops like this.
3. Food Markets
When it comes to shopping for food in Angeles City, make sure to visit Johnny’s Supermarket on McArthur Highway or JJ Supermarket on Fields Eve.
Shopping in Angeles City presents you with a wide range of choices. The city also has some local markets that can cater to your shopping needs at the best possible price. Apu Friday Market and Pampang Market are two such places. These places are a must-visit if you are looking for affordable shopping in the Philippines.
Suggested Read: Philippines Honeymoon: Come, Raise A Toast To The World’s Most Beautiful Island Country
Planning your vacation but unsure of where to go? These travel narratives assist you in finding your ultimate trip!
Authentic travel narratives. Genuine accommodation. Helpful suggestions to aid you in making the correct decision.