Here are more than 10 exceptional romantic seaside resorts in India that will not disappoint you on a romantic retreat. Beaches, sand, sunshine, and exotic resorts provide an ideal way to enjoy a romantic vacation with your beloved. India boasts some of the most stunning beaches in the world, located mainly along the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea. Nestled on these picturesque beaches are numerous exclusive beach resorts in India. These properties are perfectly suited for a romantic getaway with your partner, offering an opportunity to unwind away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
15 Exceptional Seaside Resorts in India
While you’re sharing our blog on 20 international trips costing less than an iPhone, here are more than 10 exceptional seaside resorts in India that are even more impressive!
- Taj Exotica, Goa – A Romantic Staycation
- The Ramada Caravela Beach Resort, Goa – Embrace the Goan Vibes
- The Leela Kempinski, Kovalam – Panoramic Romantic Getaway
- Vivanta By Taj Fisherman’s Cove, Chennai – Discover the Spirit of the Sea and Love
- Best Western-Blue Ocean Resort & Spa, Ratnagiri – Enthralling Romance
- Mayfair Palm Beach Resort, Orissa – Love Is in the Air
- Hotel Sea Face, Kovalam – Immerse in the Vastness of the Horizon
- Paradise Isle Beach Resort, Udupi – Fusion of Romance
- The Radisson Blu Temple Bay Beach Resort, Mahabalipuram – Reignite Love
- Cherai Beach Resorts, Cochin – Oasis of Serenity
- The Barefoot, Andaman and Nicobar Islands – Rustic Charm
- The Bunglow On The Beach, Tranquebar – Scenic Views
- The Marari Beach Resort, Marariculam – Offbeat Escape
- Marbela Beach Resort, Goa – Serenity and Luxury
- Wood House Beach Resort, Varkala – Ayurvedic Bliss and More
1. Taj Exotica, Goa – A Romantic Staycation
Image Courtesy: Booking.com
Situated on the Southwest Coast of Goa, overlooking the Arabian Sea, the Taj Exotica is a luxurious Mediterranean-style beach resort. Spanning across 56 acres along Benaulim Beach, with the serene waters of the private beach, you and your partner can relax in a lavish and romantic setting. With exquisite landscaping, impeccable room service, and delectable cuisine, Taj Exotica is undeniably one of the most romantic and highly sought-after destinations for a vacation that the two of you will cherish forever!
- Famous tourist attractions near the hotel: Varca shoreline (6 km), Madgaon City (7.5 miles), and Colva shoreline (5 km)
- Price range: Room with sea view starting from INR 11,900/-
- Official Website
2. The Ramada Caravela Beach Resort, Goa – For Goan Ambiance
Romance has an entirely new definition when you reserve a trip to the Ramada Caravela Beach Resort which will provide you with an unforgettable encounter of the sunshine, sand, and shoreline. The highpoint of the hotel is the point where the sun sets, which adds allure to the entire view with your significant other beside you. The perfect plan for relaxation is settling into a seat, sipping on a mixed drink, and observing the stunning sunset painting the landscape!
- Famous tourist attractions near the hotel: Varca Beach (2km approx.), Cavelossim Beach (5km), Sernabatim Beach (7km), Fatorda Stadium (9km), Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (9km), Sunset Beach (11km), Bogmallo Beach (21km), and Shri Naguesh Temple (22km).
- Price range: Room with ocean front view starting from INR 11,000/-
- Official Website
Essential Read: Top 15 Ayurvedic Resorts In India Where You Can Go For A Harmonious Vacation
3. The Leela Kempinski, Kovalam – Breathtaking Romance
Image Courtesy: Tripadvisor.comSituated on a cliff, The Leela provides panoramic vistas of the Kovalam shoreline and the Arabian Sea. The attractiveness of the resort lies in its private shoreline and spa. Envision a holiday gazing out over the untainted shorelines to the distant horizon with your significant other: are you already getting chills? Well, the Leela Kovalam is Kerala’s most extensive beachside resort and, of course, comprehends richness and uncompromising luxury like nobody else. Remember to sample cocktails at their Sky Bar while watching the sunset with your arms wrapped around your partner.
- Famous tourist attractions near the hotel: The resort is approximately 9 miles from Trivandrum City and the famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- Rates: Accommodation with ocean view starting from INR 14,500/-
- Official Website
Recommended Read: 15 Affordable Romantic Resorts In India For Spending A Memorable Time
4. Vivanta By Taj Fisherman’s Cove, Chennai – Essence Of Sea & Love
Image Courtesy: Booking.comBuilt on the fortifications of an Old Dutch Fort, the appealing luxury resort appears nearly inseparable from the Bay of Bengal. From its location to its service, everything about this place is certain to rekindle your love! Be prepared to be completely indulged with its renovated cottages & villas, partially-private beach, extraordinary spa experience, and delectable cuisines. Situated on Covelong Beach in the Kancheepuram district, this is one of the most enchanting beach resorts in India.
- Popular tourist attractions near the hotel: The heritage village of Dakshina Chitra (Approx. 3 km), MGM Dizzee World, Mayajaal Sports Complex and Tiger Cave, a rock-cut Hindu temple complex, The Madras Crocodile Bank Trust are some of the notable points of interest located nearby.
- Rates: Accommodation with Ocean View starting from INR 9,900/-
- Official Website
Recommended Read: 16 Resorts In Kerala Where You Will Long To Be With Your Sweetheart
5. Best Western-Blue Ocean Resort & Spa, Ratnagiri – Enthralling Romance
Source of the Picture In a serene location in Malgund, near Ganpatipule in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra, you will be welcomed by a feeling of spaciousness and romanticism in this property. The glistening blue coastline and lush tropical surroundings take inspiration from Thai culture. Spread across 75 acres, the Best Western Blue Ocean Resort & Spa offers a haven of tranquility and luxury. Enhance your romance with a sensual experience.
- Famous tourist spots near the hotel: Travelers are encouraged to explore Ganapatipule Beach (Approx. 5km) and Malgund Beach (Approx. 0.1km). Ganapatipule Virgin Beach offers various water sports such as motor boats, rowboats, and water scooters. You should also visit Ganpatipule Temple, Jaigad Fort, and Jaigad Lighthouse.
- Fees: Beachfront villa starting from INR 15,730/-.
- Official Website
Planning your honeymoon but unsure of the destination? These honeymoon stories will help you discover the perfect honeymoon trip!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Genuine opinions to assist you in making the right decision.
6. Mayfair Palm Beach Resort, Orissa – Love Is In The Gentle Breeze
Choose the rooms with balconies facing the sea, and you will experience paradise at the Mayfair Palm Beach Resort. Situated on the Bay of Bengal, relish the grandeur of the Gopalpur Sea while taking a romantic stroll in their beautifully designed gardens. The icing on the cake is their sunrise and sunset viewpoints: surprise her and watch the sun emerge or disappear together!
- Famous tourist attractions near the hotel: The resort is approximately a 2-hour drive from Bhubaneswar and around 16 km from Berhampore, the commercial center of Southern Orissa (venture out for shopping here)
- Price: Rooms starting from INR 10,000/-
Recommended Reading: 15 Top Resorts In India For Family Vacations With Your Kids
7. Hotel Sea Face, Kovalam – Discover The Horizon
Image SourceThe amorous beach resorts in India must possess incredible ocean view and this is the main highlight of Hotel Sea Face. Have you ever dreamt of an awe-inspiring vacation while you witness various shades of nature? Well, if not, then Hotel Sea Face, Kovalam is an ideal beach retreat. Situated on the Hava Beach of Kovalam known for its breezy character, the private sit out area facing the Arabian sea is ensured to provide you with a feeling of unity with the waters.
- Famous tourist attractions close to the hotel: More than sightseeing, this place is well-known for activities and experiences. Engage in activities such as catamaran rides, ayurveda massages, lagoon cruises, etc.
- Price: Rooms starting from INR 2400/- during off seasons and INR 4800/- during peak seasons
8. Paradise Isle Beach Resort, Udupi – Romantic Fusion
Image Courtesy: Tripadvisor.comSituated on the Maple Beach, Paradise Isle Beach Resort is one of the best beach resorts in Karnataka. It offers the best views of the sun, sand, and the sea. Immerse yourself in the enchantment as the sun illuminates the off-white sands and silver waters, allowing your love to grow even stronger. The night view, when the entire sky and water landscape are painted blue, is also a spectacle you wouldn’t want to miss!
- Famous tourist attractions close to the hotel: Kaup Beach, Shree Krishna Temple, and St. Mary’s Islands are located a few kilometers away from the resort.
Recommended Reading: Extraordinary Luxury & Romance: These Best Resorts In India For Honeymoon Have It All
9. The Radisson Blu Temple Bay Beach Resort, Mahabalipuram – Restore Love
Image Courtesy: Booking.comThe artistic landscape of palm trees emerging from blue lagoons is a spectacle that will make your affectionate trip here completely worthwhile. The breathtaking view of the inviting beach and the 44 acres of tropical land positioned against the Bay of Bengal, is going to keep you attached to your cherished one in the embrace of tropical nature.
- Popular places to visit near the hotel: Shore Temple (700 m approx.), Arjuna’s Penance (750 m approx.), Krishna Mandapam (800 m approx.)
- Price: Rooms starting from INR 9500/-
10. Cherai Beach Resorts, Cochin – Oasis of Beauty
Image Courtesy: Booking.com
Cherai Beach Resorts is also among the most amorous seaside resorts in India with stunning scenery. The resort offers the best of both worlds with a beach in the front and the backwaters behind. If you are planning a romantic getaway to Kerala, this is one place that will help satisfy all your Kerala desires. Sit and relax, enjoying the captivating greenery all around.
- Popular tourist attractions near the hotel: Gowreeswara Temple (Approx. 2km), St. Mary’s Orthodox Syrian Church (Approx. 3km), Santhanagopala – Krishnaswamy Temple, Vamanamoorthy temple, Bolghatty Palace and Hill Palace Museum.
- Rates: Villas starting from INR 9000/- onwards
Recommended Reading: 10 Resorts in The Hills of India with the most Romantic Views
11. The Barefoot, Andaman and Nicobar Islands – Rural Appeal
Image Courtesy: Booking.comSet amidst dense tropical forests on the renowned beach No. 7, the Barefoot at Havelock Resort will captivate you indefinitely. Staying in one of the 25 lavishly designed and decorated tents, cottages, and villas, this resort overlooks lush foliage which allows you to discover the treasures of nature with your partner. You may also want to explore the enchanting views hidden underwater, as you indulge in scuba diving at Barefoot, the first and only PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort in the Andaman Islands.
- Popular tourist attractions near the hotel: The Cellular Jail National Memorial, renowned for its sound & light show; Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park; Chidiya Tapu; Viper Island
- Rates: Rooms starting from Rs. 6500 onwards
12. The Bunglow On The Beach, Tranquebar – Delightful Views
Image Courtesy: Booking.com
Frequently Asked Questions About Romantic Beach Resorts In India
What are the categories of resorts?
Resorts are classified into different categories including: 1. Coastal Resorts 2. Golf Resorts 3. Island Resorts 4. Resorts with Lake Views
5. Holiday Resorts
“This is an exceptional beach resort in India. The second floor of this property offers a stunning vista of the ocean. The resort is located in close proximity to the shoreline and receives refreshing cool breezes all day long. The bungalow’s rooms are well-kept and attractive. The lofty ceiling and traditional furnishings contribute to the overall charm of the atmosphere. At this location, the only sounds you hear are the waves, not the noisy city. One of the top activities here is to rent a boat for a tour with a local fisherman.
- Popular places to visit near the hotel: Danish Fort, Zion Church, the Tranquebar Town Gate
- Prices: Rooms starting from Rs. 5,600 onwards
Recommended Reading: 53 Best Places To Visit In Andaman For An Enchanting Holiday Experience!
13. The Marari Beach Resort, Marariculam – Unique Getaway
Image Courtesy: Booking.com
The Marari Beach Resort is situated on the captivating Marari Beach. This place preserves the abundant coastal culture of Malabar. This is one of the most romantic beach resorts in India for a genuine unwinding experience surrounded by nature. The property features traditional thatched roofs and is enveloped by verdant lawns and trees. Spend your time strolling along the pathway adorned with blossoming wildflowers or observing Monarch butterflies. Disconnect from the outside world by using your phones sparingly. In fact, the rooms are also devoid of televisions.
- Popular places to visit near the hotel: International Coir Museum, Brackish Lagoons in Alleppey
- Prices: Rooms starting from Rs. 23,500 onwards
14. Marbela Beach Resort, Goa – Serenity And Opulence
Marbela Beach resort offers various options for a luxurious beach resort stay. You can choose between Spanish villas, luxurious tents, and master tents. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea while sipping your favorite beverage on the property. This romantic beach resort in Goa is located just 14 Km away from Chapora Fort. Their outdoor showers and balconies with serene sea views make it one of the most romantic beach resorts in India.
- Popular places to visit near the hotel: Morjim Beach, Mangroove Backwater
- Prices: Rooms starting from Rs. 15,000 onwards
Suggested Read: 15 Best Wildlife Resorts In India For An Exciting Experience
15. Wood House Beach Resort, Varkala – Ayurveda And More
This is one of the most romantic romantic beach resorts in South India. Be enchanted by the old-fashioned charm of this property. Nestled amidst a vast expanse of lush greenery, this resort features ancient-style wooden cottage rooms. Enjoy the romantic spectacle of the sunset from the property. Revitalize your body and mind with a herbal steam bath or an Ayurvedic spa treatment. Explore the lives of the locals as they engage in fishing or collecting coconuts.
- Popular places to visit near the hotel: Natural Spring, Varkala Cliff View Point, Varkala Sri Janardanaswamy Temple
- Prices: Rooms starting from Rs. 1500 onwards
Additional Reading: 16 Romantic Resorts In India That Offer Stunning Settings & Unmatched Comfort!
Therefore, you have a variety of romantic beach resorts in India that are equally stylish and can enchant anyone. And if you are with your partner, the stay at these resorts becomes even more special. So plan a trip to any of these Indian destinations and surprise your better half with this once-in-a-lifetime vacation experience.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle does not claim any credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respective owners. We strive to provide proper attribution to the original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in giving proper credit to the original author, artist, or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and individuals should not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Common Questions About Romantic Beach Resorts In India
What are the different types of resorts?
Resorts are classified into various types including: 1. Oceanfront Resorts 2. Golf Resorts 3. Island Resorts 4. Resorts with Lake Views
5. Vacation Resorts