You may not have heard positive things about the nightlife in Switzerland compared to other places on the map, as parties usually occur on weekends and most bars close early. However, trust us, this is not true. The country has some of the most incredible establishments that stay open until 5 in the morning, providing breathtaking experiences for a night out.
Whether you’re in Zurich or Basel, there is an abundance of awesomeness waiting for you! So, the next time you visit Switzerland, make sure you indulge yourself by experiencing these 15 activities in the popular cities.
Top Experiences to Witness the Best of Switzerland Nightlife
1. Enjoy a night at the renowned nightclub – Kaufleuten, Zurich
The sophistication and elegance of Kaufleuten can be understood from the fact that it has hosted celebrities like Madonna, Prince & Robbie Williams in the past and is one of the top nightspots in Zurich for experiencing the best of Swiss nightlife. In addition to its bars and clubs, it also offers the opportunity to spend a memorable evening on its terrace with your loved ones.
- 8:30 AM to 12:00 AM from Monday to Thursday
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM on Sundays
Location: Pelikanstrasse 18, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Must Read: A 2022 Guide To Switzerland In March Tailor Made For You
2. Delight in stunning city views from Bar Rouge, Basel
To experience the beauty of Basel’s nightlife in Switzerland, visit places like Bar Rouge that exude intimacy and style. Along with its impressive atmosphere, this city’s tallest bar also offers great music, classic champagnes, and cocktails.
- 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM from Monday to Tuesday
- 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM on every Wednesday
- 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM on every Thursday
- 5:00 PM to 4:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM on every Sunday
Location: Messepl. 10, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Recommended Read: Discover The Top 5 Marvels Of Zurich Tourism-The Little Big City
3. Observe a breathtaking performance at the Bejart Ballet, Lausanne
If you’re a enthusiast of the ballet, Switzerland has a lot of surprises in store for you. The first one to begin with is the Bejart Ballet in Lausanne, where you can witness some of the most faultless performances, and even attend the yearly musical event if you’re lucky enough to visit around the same time.
Timings: The opening hours usually varies with the shows. Location: Chemin du Presbytère 12, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
Recommended Read: 24 Things That Make Visiting Switzerland In May An Amazing Experience In 2022
4. Indulge in stunning panoramas while you drink at the Penthouse Bar, Lucerne
A visit to this 360 degree rooftop bar is one of the must-experiences for witnessing the best of Lucerne, Switzerland nightlife . The fashionable ambiance, sophisticated drinks, international cuisines, and the stunning view of the city & the alps would surely make you feel like you’re on the best place on the earth.
- 5:00 PM to 12:30 AM from Sunday to Wednesday
- 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM on every Thursday
- 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM from Sunday to Wednesday
- 12:00 PM to 4:00 AM every Thursday
- 12:00 PM to 5:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM every Thursday
- 11:00 PM to 3:30 AM from Friday to Sunday
- (Closed on the other days)
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Bar)
- 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Gaming Tables)
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Slot machines)
- 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Monday
- 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM from Tuesday to Friday
- (Closed on the weekend)
- Most of the clubs, casinos, and bars have different opening hours on different days of the week. Do check the timings before planning your visit.
- Dress elegantly and follow the dress code of the establishment.
- Create a list of the top experiences you wish to have so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- While the nightlife in Zurich, Switzerland is the most popular, make sure you also visit Verbier, Lausanne, and Zermatt for an extraordinary experience.
- Check the entry fees and other charges beforehand to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Keep an eye on the famous club’s website or page to stay updated about the DJs or other artists performing.
- In addition to the Cully Jazz Festival, Switzerland also hosts other music festivals. Plan your trip during the same time if you wish to attend one.
Location: Pilatusstrasse 29, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
5. Indulge in a cup of warm wine at The Papperla Pub, Zermatt
In Zermatt, Switzerland nightlife provides amazing experiences. After an exciting session of skiing, you can head directly to the famous Papperla Pub and enjoy some fantastic live music and spiced wine. If you’re not a wine lover, you can also savor a glass of potent rum punch to kick off your party.
Timings: 2:00 PM to 2:00 AM every day Location: Steinmattstrasse 36, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
Suggested Read: 15 Best Switzerland Honeymoon Resorts For A Picture-Perfect Vacation With Your Soulmate
6. Dance to the ultimate rhythms at the Cully Jazz Festival, Lavaux
Offering nine days of music with nearly 120 concerts, this is one of the must-attend events in Switzerland, particularly if you’re a fan of jazz. This festival has been taking place for the past 35 years and continues to attract thousands of tourists annually. If you really want to attend, make sure you check the festival dates for the year you plan to visit.
Timings: 9th to 17th April, 2021 Location: Place de l’Hôtel-de-Ville 2, CP 138, CH-1096 Cully, Lavaux, Switzerland
7. Relax your ears with live music at the Moods, Zurich
Being one of the most prominent jazz clubs in Europe, Moods is the ideal place to visit if you are a fan of Ronnie Scott in London or Porgy & Bess in Vienna. From local to international, you can listen to the finest artists here and relax your ears while enjoying a few of your preferred beverages.
Hours: 7:30 PM to 12:00 AM Location: Schiffbaustrasse 6, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
8. Dance to the rhythm at the largest club in Switzerland – MAD Club, Lausanne
While in Lausanne, Switzerland nightlife can be witnessed at its best at many famous clubs and pubs, there is nothing that matches the level of excitement at MAD. This club has five levels, each reserved for a different age group or a specific DJ. What’s even better? From Axwell to David Guetta, you can find a wide range of artists here!
Hours: 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM Location: Rue de Genève 23, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
Suggested Read: 12 Honeymoon Places In Switzerland To Visit In 2022 For A Romantic Rendezvous
9. Engage in some fun until 5 AM at the Grand Casino Bern
This is not just any regular casino, and your evening won’t be ordinary if you choose this venue. With roulette, blackjack, poker, and slot machines, a restaurant, and two bars and smoking lounges, Grand Casino offers plenty to keep you entertained and your party lively until the sunrise.
Place: Kornhausstrasse 3, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
10. Party all night at the The Farm Club, Verbier
Thanks to this renowned club in Verbier, Switzerland nightlife experiences celebrations every evening of the ski season. The globally acclaimed DJs, performers, and warm hospitality make it an exceptional party venue for every local and visitor.
Operating Hours: 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM every day Place: Route de Verbier Station 55, 1936 Bagnes, Switzerland
Recommended Read: Top 18 Places To Visit In Switzerland In Winter 2022 For A Memorable Getaway
11. Observe, listen & dance at the Du Theatre, Bern
Exceptional performances by exceptionally talented artists are certain to capture your hearts here. From simply watching and listening to moving to the enchanting beats, you can have the finest evening of your vacation at this venue. In the guise of a theater, it is unquestionably one of the most stylish clubs in Bern, Switzerland .
Place: Hotelgasse 10, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
12. Dine, enjoy & repeat at Casino Kursaal, Interlaken
Nestled between two lakes, encompassed by a garden and mountains, Casino Kursaal is one of the most remarkable places in Interlaken. Regardless of whether you’re into gaming or not, an encounter of spending one evening here is essential. The bar remains open until late so that you can sit and relish your drinks without any concerns.
Location: Strandbadstrasse 44, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland
Recommended Read: Trip To Switzerland: A Brief Stint Worth A Lifetime
13. Attend the finest musical parties at Dracula Club, St. Moritz
Situated within the glamorous five-star Kulm Hotel, this is one of the top clubs for experiencing the opulence and lively parties in Switzerland. Not just the sophisticated night events, but Dracula is also renowned for hosting the highest jazz festival in Europe. So, you know where to head for jazz now!
Hours: You can get in touch with the hotel management to discover the opening hours of the club. Location: 7500, Kulm Hotel, St Moritz, Switzerland
14. Witness the finest plays at the Grand Theatre, Geneva
Source of Image
This is one of the biggest opera houses in Switzerland that allows individuals to witness the finest choreographers, concerts, recitals, and plays that are performed with great skill. If you prefer cultural activities over going to bars or pubs, this is the place to spend your evening in the city.
Hours of Operation:
Location: Boulevard du Théâtre 11, 1211 Genève, Switzerland
15. Witness exceptional drama, opera & ballet at the Theater Basel
Source of Image
One of the most significant and largest theaters in Switzerland, the Theater Basel hosts world-class opera, drama, and ballet performances. From traditional opera to contemporary shows, the theater offers a wide range of options and is an ideal destination for those who appreciate culture more than nightlife.
Hours of Operation: The opening hours vary depending on the show timings. Location: Elisabethenstrasse 16, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Tips for Enjoying Switzerland Nightlife
The nightlife in Switzerland will definitely enhance your holiday experience. However, to make it the best experience of your life, customize your Europe trip itinerary with TravelTriangle and explore the country at your own pace.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Switzerland Nightlife
What is Switzerland famous for?
Switzerland is renowned for its stunning natural beauty, the snow-covered Alps, incredible tourist attractions, museums, architecture, delightful cuisines, watches, and milk chocolates.
When is the optimal time to visit Switzerland?
The months between April to June and September to October are the perfect times to visit Switzerland as the weather is pleasant and there are fewer crowds.
What activities are available in Switzerland?
There are numerous amazing and enjoyable things to do in Switzerland, such as: 1. Explore the Chillon Castle 2. Take a Cable Car Ride 3. Go on an incredible Bernina Express Ride 4. Interact With Bears at Bear Park 5. Go on a luxurious cruise
Which area is the best for experiencing Switzerland nightlife?
Zurich, which is the formal industrial region of Switzerland, is one of the top places to enjoy an exciting nightlife in Switzerland.
Does Switzerland have a vibrant nightlife?
Nightlife in Zurich, Switzerland offers both casual and sophisticated clubs, alternative bars, strip clubs, and live music venues. People from all over Switzerland come to Zurich on the weekends to have a great time.
Is Switzerland safe during the night?
Switzerland has a very low crime rate and is an extremely safe country. You can walk on the streets without any worries, even at midnight.