If throughout all this time you believed that a journey to Europe is expensive, we don’t really blame you. The attractiveness and magnificence surely appears extravagant, but there are numerous cost-free things that make it possible for backpackers and budget travelers to plan a trip here. From walking tours and museum hopping to the breathtaking Northern Lights, there is a wide variety of complimentary activities in Europe.
Plan a vacation in Europe and enjoy the finest it has to offer!
1. Observe the extraordinary Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in Finland, Iceland, Sweden, and Scotland
2. Witness the Midnight Sun in Finland, Norway, and Sweden
3. Experience the longest night of your life! The Polar Night – observed in Norway, Finland, and Iceland – lasts over 24 hours
: Marzena Piłko for Pixabay
4. Take a leisurely walk alongside Amstel River in Amsterdam
5. Participate in the Comic Art Walk in Brussels by enrolling in the tourist office at Hotel de Ville
6. Observe the Changing of Guards Ceremony in front of the majestic Buckingham Palace, London
7. Explore the idyllic mountain trails
: Tommy for Pixabay
Top hiking trails in Europe: Tour Du Mont Blanc (France), Kungsleden (Sweden), Bernese Overland Trail (Switzerland), Slovenian Mountain Trail (Slovenia), and El Camino del Rey (Spain).
8. Engage in complimentary guided walks around the city. You can also opt for themed walks such as culinary and cultural heritage walks
: Николай Начев for Pixabay
Some of the finest free guided tours in Europe are:
9. Visit the most renowned museums in Europe
- Vatican Museum, Italy – Final Sunday of the month (between 9:00 am and 12:30pm)
- Louvre Museum, France – Fridays 6PM onwards (Free entry for visitors under 26 years) | Bastille Day (July 14) | First Sunday each month (From October to March)
- Berlin Wall Memorial, Germany
- Copenhagen National Museum, Denmark
10. Attend invigorating concerts if you love jazz, metal, pop and music in general
: Артём Апухтин for Pixabay
- Paris, France – Notre Dame (Sundays 4:30 PM)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – Boekmanzaal Opera House
- Berlin, Germany – Little Stage (Free gigs are organized usually every Monday)
- London, England – The National Theatre, St. James’s Piccadilly
11. Embrace volunteer tourism and experience the joy of giving
12. Delight in the soulful view of Edinburgh from Arthur’s Seat
13. Witness Cooper’s dance performance in New Town Hall, Munich. It is known as the Glockenspiel show.
: jacqueline macou for Pixabay
14. Witness the glittering Eiffel Tower at night
15. Scale the glass dome of the Reichstag Building in Germany
: thestarman for Pixabay
With the mentioned top complimentary activities to enjoy in Europe, you can explore without spending a single cent. Which country will you visit first?
Disclaimer: Fred and Fuzzys does not claim ownership of the images displayed on our blog site, unless otherwise stated. All visual content is protected by copyright and belongs to its respective owners. We make an effort to provide proper attribution to the original sources whenever possible. If you possess the rights to any of the images and do not wish for them to be featured on Fred and Fuzzys, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in giving proper credit to the originating author, artist, or photographer.
Interested in Booking an International Vacation?
Book unforgettable holidays on Fred and Fuzzys with 650 verified travel agents for 65 domestic and international destinations.