Are you fatigued staying at home? Do you desire to explore a variety of exotic places and maybe sample different kinds of cuisine? Or are you the type of individual who is seeking excitement and exhilaration? Perhaps you aspire to expand your knowledge of culture and history? Is it a change in climate that you long to experience? Or do you crave nothing more than a calming vacation? The possibilities are boundless, especially if the location you plan to visit is in Europe. Whether it’s a solitary getaway or a group excursion, a trip to Europe is precisely what you need.
July in Europe is typically a sweltering period, so avoid packing excessive warm attire. It’s a picturesque time to discover European beaches. However, one should be cautious of crowds as July is the peak tourist season when schools and offices are closed, leading to an influx of travelers and consequently longer queues and larger crowds. Below are 10 of the finest destinations to explore in Europe in July.
10 Finest Destinations To Explore In Europe In July
1. Rome, Italy2. London, England3. Edinburgh, Scotland4. Amsterdam, Netherlands5. Dubrovnik, Croatia6. Rhodes, Greece7. Interlaken, Switzerland8. Barcelona, Spain9. Ljubljana, Slovenia10. Budapest, Hungary
1. Rome, Italy
Source of Image
Rome, a land brimming with abundant culture and history. Rome is the ideal destination for individuals with a keen eye for art and architecture. Rome, also known as the “Eternal City,” guarantees more sunlight, lengthier days, and pleasant warm evenings.
Activities to Enjoy In Rome:
- Savor the most authentic pizza and spaghetti (indulge in the finest pizza and spaghetti in Rome, the birthplace of these delicacies)
- Discover the Colosseum (uncover the history of the Colosseum and immerse yourself in its grand Roman architecture; you can even visit the intriguing gift shop)
- Explore the Roman Catacombs (if you’re in the mood for something spooky and thrilling, venture into the Roman Catacombs, an underground tunnel system filled with myths, legends, history, and an abundance of skulls)
Must Read: 10 Churches In Netherlands That Provide a Glimpse of Europe’s Ancient Structures!
2. London, England
Experience the regal treatment exclusively in London. London is one of the most captivating cities and is among the finest places to explore in July, boasting some of the most exquisite sights. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the country belonging to Her Majesty, as it is an extraordinary destination in Europe during July.
Things to do In London:
- Admiring the panoramic view of London from the Shard (the Shard represents the tallest building in all of Europe and serves as the highest observation point in London, providing tourists with a 360 degree perspective of the majestic city.
- Exploring the dwelling place of Her Majesty (Buckingham Palace serves as the residence of the Royal Family; situated in Westminster)
- Embarking on a thrilling ride and enjoying the scenic vistas atop the London Eye (Indulge in one of the most romantic experiences while beholding the enchanting London skyline and the River Thames)
Suggested Read: Traveling Europe On A Budget: Every Solo Traveler’s Ultimate Guide
3. Edinburgh, Scotland
One of the remarkable aspects of Edinburgh is its ability to retain its medieval charm. Edinburgh is an exceptional destination for a serene and tranquil vacation. The weather during July in Edinburgh is pleasantly warm and cool.
Things to do In Edinburgh:
- Indulging in the World’s Largest Arts Festival (Delight in the Edinburgh Fringe, an authentic cultural and recreational experience)
- Visiting Nessie at Loch Ness (Experience the enigmatic tranquility of Loch Ness and keep a lookout for something substantial in the water)
- Exploring medieval ruins (Discover medieval castles like Stirling Castle and Fort Augustus)
Suggested Read: 10 Best Flea Markets In Europe That Showcase European Culture
4. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Source of Image
Amsterdam is a stunning destination to explore during the Summer. It boasts some of the most breathtaking attractions and offers a range of experiences that can fulfill the desires of every traveler.
Activities to engage in:
- North Sea Jazz Festival (this is one of the largest indoor music festivals worldwide)
- Rijksmuseum (discover an extensive collection of artworks, including creations by Vincent Van Gogh or visit the most extensive public library on art history in the Netherlands)
- Anne Frank House (immerse yourself in the historical experience of the Franks during the Holocaust)
Recommended Read: 7 Extraordinary Caves In Europe That Resemble A Magical Fantasy!
5. Dubrovnik, Croatia
Are you yearning to explore a place that is exotic and visually pleasing? A city that leaves you awe-inspired? Then set your course for Dubrovnik, Croatia, and indulge in some of the most enchanting experiences in Europe.Activities to engage in Dubrovnik:
- Dubrovnik Cable Car (a genuinely picturesque and thrilling experience; traverse across hills and cities)
- Banje Beach (if you’ve had enough of exploring Croatia by foot, it’s time to dive into beach fun at one of the finest beaches in Croatia)
- The Island of Lokrum (embark on a ferry or kayak journey to Lokrum; go diving, explore Fort Royal Castle, or visit an 11th-century monastery)
Recommended Read: Europe In September: Exciting Things To Do, Events To Attend, And More
6. Rhodes, Greece
Breathtaking landscapes, a pleasant climate, delectable cuisine, and remarkable architecture; that’s Rhodes, Greece in a nutshell. It is a remarkable destination for families and couples alike.
Activities to engage in:
- Explore Rhodes Old Town (a UNESCO World Heritage Site; take the opportunity to wander through its 200 narrow streets without names)
- Experience a soak at the Water Park (for an extraordinary water adventure in Rhodes, visit the Water Park for the most enjoyable time!)
- Thermal Springs at Kallithea (explore the thermal springs in Kallithea and relieve all your tension by immersing yourself in the cozy, calming water)
Recommended Reading: Europe In August: A Useful Guide To A Relaxing Vacation
7. Interlaken, Switzerland
Are you ready for some thrills and excitement? Then visit Interlaken, Switzerland, the ‘Sports Capital of Europe’. From aquatic sports to high-altitude activities, you can find it all in Interlaken. This is one of the incredible places to explore in Europe in July.
Activities In Interlaken:
- A daring adventure from the sky (from skydiving to paragliding to hang-gliding, you can find it all in Interlaken)
- A train journey through the mountains (travel from the Interlaken Ost station to Jungfraujoch, also known as the Top of Europe, for an incredible experience of traversing through snow and tunnels)
- Kayaking at Lake Thun (this is the ultimate summer pastime in Interlaken)
Recommended Reading: In Pictures: 35 Exquisite Cities In Europe That Will Make You Want To Travel There!
8. Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a splendid summer holiday destination. Be astonished by the awe-inspiring architecture, take a plunge into the magnificent Barcelona beaches, or simply explore the city on a Vespa scooter.
Activities to Enjoy:
- Discover Park Guell (Park Guell is a hot spot for photographers and art enthusiasts as it is a creation by Antoni Gaudi, one of the greatest architects of all time)
- Fun at PortAventura World (it is the perfect place to have a blast with friends or family)
- Observing fish at the Barcelona Aquarium (it is home to over 10,000 animals and 450 species, making it a visual delight for both kids and adults)
Recommended Reading: This Winter, Escape To The Finest Honeymoon Destinations In Europe!
9. Ljubljana, Slovenia
Source of Image
Do you desire to head over to a destination that is unusual and relatively inexpensive, and experiences fewer crowds? Then Ljubljana is the place that you are searching for. Activities to Do in Ljubjana:
- Explore the city on foot (stroll through the city, raid chocolate stores and indulge in local cuisine)
- Be prepared to be amazed by Ljubljana-style art (to satisfy the art enthusiast within you, visit Metelkova; a non-commercial art district)
- Step into the House of Illusions (get ready to be bewildered at Muzej Iluzij)
Recommended Reading: 12 Finest Islands In Europe For Honeymoon Full of Romance & Passion
10. Budapest, Hungary
Source of Image
Visit Budapest, a land abundant in history, traditional cuisine, and architecture. It is a fantastic place to enjoy a private vacation and evade all the summer tourist crowds.
Activities to Do in Budapest:
- Be amazed by the massive SzentIstvánBazilika (St. Stephen’s Basilica is the biggest church in Budapest with a dome that is as tall as that of the Hungarian Parliament)
- Unwind at Széchenyi Bath & Spa (this is an exquisite place to unwind and relax; letting go of all the built-up stress and slowly rejuvenating)
- Explore Margaret Island (Margaret Island is a lovely destination to visit during summer as it is adorned with some of the most vibrant flowers; truly a romantic getaway)
Further Reading: 9 Finest European Music Festivals You’d Be Thrilled To Attend
The aforementioned destinations to visit in Europe in July offer something distinct to experience and will undoubtedly make it the most remarkable July vacation you have ever had. Europe showcases a variety of cultures and some of the most astonishing traditions. The scenery of each place is equally awe-inspiring. Europe has an array of breathtaking locations, making it ideal for photography enthusiasts and travelers. Whether you are traveling alone or with friends or family, Europe offers ample opportunities for sightseeing and exploration.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle disclaims any credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We strive to link back to original sources whenever feasible. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not want them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us, and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper acknowledgment to the original author, artist, or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any type of medical advice, and it is essential to consult a professional medical expert of your own choosing before taking any action.
Frequently Asked Questions about Top Destinations to Explore in Europe in July
What are the finest spots to visit in Europe?
Some of the greatest destinations to explore in Europe are: 1. Rome, Italy, 2. London, England, 3. Edinburg, Scotland, 4. Amsterdam, Netherlands, 5. Interlaken, Switzerland, 6. Barcelona, Spain, 7. Budapest, Hungary.
Which is the most perilous country in Europe?
According to recent reports, the most hazardous country in Europe is Ukraine, due to increased violent demonstrations and crimes against tourists. Other dangerous countries in Europe include Belarus, Kosovo, Abkhazia, Albania, and Romania.
Is it secure to travel during the time of covid?
European countries have made full vaccination mandatory for visitors. Individuals must quarantine themselves for 2 days upon arrival and undergo covid testing at the beginning and end of the quarantine period. Many European countries have implemented strict covid measures to contain the spread of the virus.
What is the climate like in Europe during July?
July in Europe is the pinnacle of summer when temperatures are at their highest in most places. However, this may not be a concern for tourists from equatorial regions like India, Sri Lanka, and Australia. Additionally, you can explore numerous locations without any inconvenience, as there is less crowding during this time of year.
Is it easy to obtain a visa for Europe?
Obtaining a visa for Europe is relatively simple as long as you possess the necessary documents, honestly answer the questions asked at the visa approval office, and have no intention of illegally settling in any European country. Opt for a Schengen Visa, which allows tourists to visit all 26 Schengen countries in Europe with ease.
What is the most commonly spoken language throughout Europe?
For those who anticipated the answer to be English, French, or German, you were mistaken. The most frequently spoken language in Europe is Russian. However, there are many places where locals also speak English.
Is vacationing in Europe costly?
Due to the high exchange rates of the Euro, vacationing in Europe can be quite expensive. However, with proper planning and visiting during the off-season, it is possible to visit Europe on a budget. Make sure to explore the aforementioned destinations to visit in Europe in July during your trip.
How many days are required for a European tour?
Europe is regarded as one of the premier tourist destinations globally, offering various exquisite attractions to explore during your visit. To fully explore this remarkable destination and experience all the adventure activities it has to offer, a tour of at least 15-20 days is recommended.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?